PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
PALACIO DE SAMANIEGO is a fully refurbished Four stars Hotel with high architectural value located in Samaniego, in the heart of La Rioja, Spain which opens its door in September 2020 with 9 luxury suits and a
EDMOND DE ROTHSCHILD HERITAGE (EDRH) is a French company activing within a wide range of activities in
France and abroad : Wine, Hospitality and Gastronomy. EDRH operates 3 luxury hotels and 10 restaurants in
Megève, France and will be operating its first hotel in Spain, next to Bodega Macan via its spanish subsidiary
Samaniego Luxury Resort – SLR.
We are looking for the Hotel General Manager of SLR in order to successfully prepare, launch and operates the
The Hotel General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He / She should be an ambassador for the brand and the hotel. Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with all departments. Responsible for overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience.
A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
- Manage all aspects of the pre-opening period (including operations, IT systems, hiring staff, BP, sales…)
Oversee the operations functions of the hotel
- Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating
Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms,Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management
- Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
- Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for
essential equipments and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
- Coordination with all department for the execution of all activities and functions.
- Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
- Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Lead in all aspects of business planning.
- Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
- Assisting in residential sales as and when required and development with strong sales prospects.
- Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
- Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
PREREQUISITES AND SKILLS
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive handson experience. Available to work when needed.
- A university degree in hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or repositioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
- At least 10 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience,
ideally including experience in remote locations. And experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
- Speaking spanish and English. French is a plus